Are you stopped in your tracks by paralyzing feelings that just don’t let you move forward with plans you’ve made? Have you canceled activities that you were actually looking forward to because you just couldn’t get your anxiety under control? Or perhaps your anxiety isn’t that bad, but it still holds you back and you’re worried it could get worse.
ANXIETY SHOWS IN MANY FORMS:
- Scary and dreadful feelings in your body
- Unexplained panic and fear
- Thinking constantly about a problem and how to solve it
- Trouble falling asleep
- Trouble staying asleep or returning to sleep when you wake up too early
- Avoidance of certain people or places
- Feeling stopped or stuck when you try to complete a goal at work or in your personal life
- Feeling unable to move forward with a project even though you really want to
- Avoiding commitments because you’re afraid you’ll change your mind
- Holding yourself back from even trying a new job or a new relationship
The saddest part is that anxiety may be causing you to avoid even trying to create the life you really want. You may begin to dream, then quickly second guess yourself. You’ve probably set limits for yourself that you aren’t even aware of.
What could you do with your life, if you weren’t stopped by these self-doubts? How would you feel if you could learn to easily manage your anxiety so that you could live more freely?
You may not know it, but a large number of people that you run into each day, suffer from anxiety, too. Most of the time, you can’t tell by looking. But many people suffer from the self-doubt, pounding heart and feelings of dread that can ruin a perfectly good day.
The good news is that anxiety can be treated! It doesn’t have to run your life. The first step to vastly improving your anxiety is to get into therapy with a counselor who will truly hear you, understand the roots of your distress, and teach you skills to effectively manage your anxiety as it comes up.
When you come into my office with anxiety, I will guide our sessions so we can both understand the big picture. I want to hear your unique story in order to understand the sources of trouble. The past cannot be changed, but the story you tell yourself about your life can. Let’s work together so you can learn simple ways to calm your body and your brain instantly. Then you can create more of the life you want.
Or perhaps your anxiety isn’t that bad yet, but it holds you back and you’d like a no-medication solution.
MY UNIQUE MODEL OF THERAPY INCLUDES:
- Understanding how your early experiences play a part in how you feel today.
- Learning to manage your emotions and motivation.
- Increasing your tolerance for the challenges that keep coming up in life.
- Resolving past traumas that still cause you distress.
- Creating a plan that will keep you happy and healthy instead of stressed and apologetic.
If you’ve had therapy before and felt frustrated, you may be hesitant to try again. Your anxiety might actually hold you back from taking the very steps that will help. I completely understand. Sometimes hope is the scariest thing of all. Thats why I’ve created several ways for you to get involved with therapy.
If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment or you’d like more information, please contact Lisa.